• To employ only trained staff (or trainees that are supervised by a suitably qualified person)
• To provide suitably safe facilities and equipment [that has regular safety checks]
• To have established procedures for evacuation of the premises in case of an emergency
• To have Infection control procedures in place
• To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
• To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
• To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
• To ensure safe handling and use of substances
• To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
• To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
• To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
• To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
• All work areas to be kept clean and tidy
• All rubbish to be cleaned away
• All gangways and staircases to be kept clear at all times
• All spillages of water, chemicals or other substances to be cleared immediately with due respect to the content of the material spoilt
• No machinery or other equipment to be run without necessary guards and safety equipment in position and in full working order
• Excepting for clinical emergencies, no person will be allowed on site under the influence of alcohol and/or non-prescribed drugs
• To establish and maintain fire extinguisher and fire points
• To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health
• To record any accidents in the Accident Book and immediately report any such accident to the Practice Manager
• To review and revise this policy as appropriate at regular intervals
Use Patient Access to book an appointment, order repeat prescriptions and view your medical record.
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.